Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

No frills, no fuss, no energy....

I usually have the ability to be creative with my posts and titles. I am and have always been able to think of creative themes, or at least I think so, to describe something.
Right now though, I am tired, so incredibly tired. I can't seem to get myself to put one foot in front of the other for a while now. It is like I am walking in fog and it's not even because of medication.

Something that is very difficult for people to understand about chronic pain is the exhaustion that comes with it. To have colleagues and acquaintances equate my exhaustion and struggle to cope with their normal back-to-work adjustment period almost feels like an insult. I was on leave from work, yes, I haven't been able to work a full day since being back, and yet their seems to be little to no understanding in practice though seemingly sincere concern and support are at hand and verbally expressed.

I am almost sure that I'm not even making any sense in what I'm saying anymore. I am tired but can't sleep since laying down increases my pain. The medication has literally stopped making ANY difference. As much as I want to be positive and have faith, as everyone continues to encourage me to to do, it is much harder on this end of that encouragement than people realise. When every conscious waking hour is filled with pain, every semi-conscious minute results in restlessness and (hardest of all for me), every minute I try to function as normal human being results in hours of agony - having faith and being positive is the last thing on my mind.

It hurts. Emotionally. Physically. Spiritually. It hurts. There's an elephant on my face by Lianne Keiller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment