Pages

Thursday 2 October 2014

There’s an elephant on my face... Why the title


There’s an elephant on my face
You can’t see it
But I can feel it
Then he stomps his foot with a crushing force
And my eye begins to water
And I can no longer see
And my jaw cannot open
So I can’t tell you how it hurts
Yes, there’s an elephant on my face.

There’s a storm cloud rumbling on my head
Can you hear it?
Do you see the lightning strike?
I could tell you how the lightning bolt
Runs from my ear down to my tongue
But would you believe me if I told you?
With lightning strikes galore,
There’s a storm cloud rumbling on my head.

A knife just stabbed me in my face
Do you see it, though there is no blood?
Wish you’d see the stab wound it has made
From my chin across to my nose
But you cannot see a blood drop
Nor the wound
Or feel the pain it brings
Yet I swear that there’s a knife
That’s just stabbed me in the face.

So as the elephant stomps his feet
And the storm cloud rolls on in
While the knife is stabbing yet one more time
I ask you again
To see that…
There’s an elephant on my face.



Creative Commons License
There's an elephant on my face by Lianne Keiller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment